Monday, May 17, 2010

homework 53

I found this survey to be quite interesting because it was so personal. It felt like I was in denial of a lot of the topics being asked and it was weird answering them. A lot of the topics caused me to lose focus on the survey and think about the given question in regards to my family and other peoples families. Regardless of it being anonymous I still felt very exposed answering these questions. It caused me too think about uncomfortable topics that were personal. Some of the questions were interesting though and I am curious to see what the results were. Most of the questions are not about ourselves, they are about how we think and perceive ourselves. Even the family and friend related questions are merely about how we see them.

As the results came out I was not in for any big surprises, for the most part I was in the mainstream group, I was usually in the most popular category or the second most for the majority of the questions and occasionally I would be in the smallest category. I was surprised how honest people were about certain topics. For example questions about drinking alcohol were very honest probably because the survey was anonymous. I also think that the neutral answer was selected a lot. The reason for this is because if you look at the questions, they are mostly ones where it is a awkward topic and people do not feel comfortable answering them or even thinking about them because it makes them uncomfortable.

I took a look at the second survey and was amazed to see how many angry people there were. A lot of them carried guns and had been in fights and this is the main difference in our survey. Our survey was more about how we personally see ourselves where the other survey was more about what we have been through and experienced. I think that the surveys were different in that the one we took was not taken to prove a specific point whereas the other ones had more to do with violence.

No comments:

Post a Comment