Thursday, November 12, 2009

History Homework #21 art project


This a sketch I did of an older man, that sort of looks like my uncle who has not kept up with the digital revolution. He is staring at digital objects in distress because he is baffled by them and has no idea how to function them. He is unaware of their purpose and is frustrated by this. My piece of art makes me think of what the pros and cons are of not following and staying up to date with all the latest digital representation devices. On one hand he is very stressed about it but on the other he views things in a very different way and makes more out of his life. I think the most interesting part of aspect of my art is the fact that it is based on someone I know and what it is like for them to go through there lives using minimal digital representation devices. My art is a hammer because is goes against this digital revolution and portrays a man who lives successfully using digital equipment minimally.

No comments:

Post a Comment