Sunday, December 20, 2009

History Homework #31

Part A:
For this section I spoke with a friend of mine named Leron. Leron is 18 and lives in Queens. I asked him how cool varies in the different boroughs. He said the difference was smaller than you think. He says that of course the kids with more money are going to dress a bit different but deep down it is all the same. The rich kids dress the same exact way the poor kids do just a more expensive version or alteration. I then asked him about his style and what it takes for him to be cool. He told me that he goes for a spin off of the fresh prince of bel air only a more updated classy version. I wanted to know more about the personality side of it though. He told me he does his best to be authentic but it does not always work out. He tries to be straight forward and tell you what is on his mind. Although many people claim to do this, he is definitely one of those who stands out and carries through with it. Authentic seemed to be the word that came out of his mouth most often.

Part B: The methods I use to be cool are mostly based around clothing. I try to be authentic but I know there are so many other people that dress like me. To attempt being cool within my personality I always try and be very outgoing. When i meet new people i try and break right through the awkwardness and find something that we have in common. I can imagine people can find this annoying at times but i really only mean it well. I often try and be sarcastic but on my own account. Every time i say something sarcastic that could be viewed as coming off hurtful i feel guilty. To be cool I try and not change the way i act too much but as everyone does, it will always be altered a bit depending on the situation that i am faced with.

1 comment: