Saturday, February 6, 2010

HW #38

http://www.toondoo.com/View.toon?param=1391542

1. What insights about cool does the art integrate? What do you hope people will realize or question from their encounter with your art?
2. Describe the process of making the project - how'd you do each step? If it was a group project, what did you contribute?
3. Does making art seem cool to you? Why or why not?

1. I think my comic shows the value we place on material items and the affect they can potentially have on our lives, although my cartoon is very straight forward, the situation itself is very common in school. A students social life is can be changed completely because of materials such as clothing. It makes it revolve more around money and less around personality.
To be honest my project was pretty straight forward. After a good amount of searching google I found a program that allows you to create cartoons using different backgrounds and characters. Ideally I wanted to find a program where I could add sound but seemed to be out of luck. Recently, art adds to being part of the cool image especially in NYC. Artists used to make up what is now Soho and people respect that style of life and think it is new and original which goes hand and hand with cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment